Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Green



Pieces are coming together and at a bargain too! lovin' it!!

If you know me and my style you know I don't like cheap junk... i'm not sure if anyone would admit they actually like cheap stuff (and i'm not talking bargain) or junk, but I hate it. I can't always afford everything I want, but I've learned to find a way if my will is strong enough!

So obviously, I'd love a brand new, beautiful dresser to accompany the crib and bassinet and other pieces we've gotten new... but for some reason the dresser has consumed me for the last few weeks. I didn't want to pay a stupid amount for a new dresser and I also wanted something a little unique for our child to use in all the rooms they move into and maybe even when they move out... (yes i think to the future)

I first started looking at antique stores and came to nothing to my liking and finally found a craigslist piece that was under 100 bucks and adorable, completely fitting our style! It is not enormous and it's not perfect, but I love it! I'm happy with my find :)

Now, I don't normally do this but if you feel like you have an opinion that could help then go ahead and answer my question...
Our room is neutral, with beige/lt. brown and white stripe walls; a medium dark traditional crib; cream, white, green bedding; beige rug; white chair. (I do have some unique/fun pieces and ideas, it won't be boring and blah i promise) So I decided to move my desk into the nursery so i can also do my stuff with the baby (thats not where i need your opinion) as well as passing the desk on if they want it for school...
the problem that i find is the colors of the desk and the dresser. they are both nice colors but don't want too many shades of green if they don't work. I hear all the time that i can decorate with many shades of the same color and I just want some opinions if you care to give. I can't put it all together yet bc ryan is still in the room... so it's all just a vision....


No comments:

Post a Comment